Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Friends



You have friends and I have friends like this. Here is my story of some special friends. We play golf every Wednesday. Each one of is as different as night and day.

Let’s start out that we are not great golfers and at times each of us thinks we could be good if only a little more practice, like if I could only putt better or I am not good around the greens or if I could hit the ball longer and straighter. I think you get the idea.

Here we are every Wednesday playing golf together and at time we can be bickering about nothing or something that has no real importance.

Do over’s are not in the rules of golf, but you will hear that term from time to time in our foursome. A do over is usually used when whoever was trying to hit that little white ball and it doesn’t go where the hitter wants it to go, so they call for a do over. What is funny in many cases the do over is worse the original shot.

Enough about do over’s let get to the real funny stuff. One of the guys, who I’ll leave nameless, will bring up a rule in golf and another, who will also be nameless, will say that he doesn’t think that is right and the discussion begins. At times it can get to be more than a discussion. If I am not involved I will find the discussion funny, but when I am involved it’s a different story.

Each one of us has our own way of describing our bad shots. Me I can but a little extra action in my disgust by pounding my club in the ground a few times. One of my other partners always gives himself a verbal beating for doing something wrong, or how about the” how I could do that.” This is precious, when one of that not to named guy misses a putt he’ll say I got robbed and I’ll say if you put in the center of the cup it would have gone in.

As you can see I am no saint when playing golf, but once it over it’s over. The four of set down in the nineteenth hole and have a drink and most cases it is Ice tea. Then we pour over the what if’s and realized if we were a little bit better we really could have had a good round.

When you have true fiends no matter what happens you always remain friend.

Happiness with health and wealth to you

http:// www.happinesswithwealth.com
http://www.lindemannletters.com
http://www.tinyurl.com/cqbdem
E-mail www.dhalind@gmail.com

David H. Lindemann is an author, speaker, consultant and coach, he is a community leader, educator and has worked with fortune 500 hundred companies as well as individuals. He also has been a CEO of a national manufacturing company and cares deeply about people

No comments: