Monday, June 21, 2010

Dad’s Day



Sunday as almost every knows was “Fathers Day” and yes I am a father so I got the call from our boys. Our Dallas son called and his girls give me a special father’s day cheer. Oldest son called us from Disney World because his family surprised him with the trip.

The reason I didn’t call it Fathers day is our boys never said ‘Oh father can you help me” or “ father thank you for coaching me”. No it was away dad this and dad that to that is why I call it Dad’s day.

I was sleeping in because our friends had us over for dinner to celebrate mine and two others of our friends that have birthday in June. The host prepared two tenderloins that where so tender that the meat almost melted in your mouth. The potatoes that where mixed with cheese tasted like they came out of heaven. The wine and peach gobbler with ice cream finished me off. So that is why I slept in father’s day.

Once I got my eyes open I saw this great looking flowery shirt that Micki was showing me with big smile on her face say “ Happy Fathers day. She also got me some golf balls, which I really need. Sense we rebuilt our golf course, which has twenty more acres of water, which I am having my golf ball fly into quite often.

In our house if you don’t have a sense a humor your’ in deep trouble. If Micki ever gave me sentimental card I would know there was something wrong. She always gives me and her friend’s card that is most people won’t give to their mother.
Here is what my father’s day card said. “ I you didn’t marry me would be driving someone else crazy”.

Dad’s day for me was special because I was laughing most of the time and it is now know laughing is good for you health. I also spent a lot of time smiling and saying thank you, which are all important in keeping you self happy which in turn if very healthy for you.

Laughing, smiling and saying thank you are just a few things that can keep you happy. By the way happy people live long and enjoy life more that those that are not happy.


Happiness with health and wealth to you

http:// www.happinesswithwealth.com
http://www.lindemannletters.com
http://www.tinyurl.com/cqbdem
E-mail www.dhalind@gmail.com

David H. Lindemann is an author, speaker, consultant and coach, he is a community leader, educator and has worked with fortune 500 hundred companies as well as individuals. He also has been a CEO of a national manufacturing company and cares deeply about people

No comments: