Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Caring



Do you remember when you were sick and your mother made sure that she did everything in her power to make you feel better. She would hold you to help you keep warm. She would bring you warm soup or whatever was the family secret food was that made people feel better.

Your mother cared so much, she might set with you and hold your hand or just smile at you. In so many ways I think the caring did more to get us over whatever we had than anything
.
My reason for bring this up is how important caring is to our mental and physical health. You know something when people really care is shows. When people care they don’t even have to say anything because there seem to be a radiation of love when you are around them.

Yes at times we need medical attention, but for sure we always need caring. What caring does is reinforces our self esteem, which in turn helps build our immune system. Today we are finding out how our own immune system can fight off the worst of deceases.

Last year I had a hole in my retina. If that had happened to me fifteen years ago my Doctor said they would not have been able to help me. But, today he could and did. The hole in my retina is close and that is wonderful, but the real story is how Micki took care of me.

I had to keep my face down for four day and that was day and night, except to put drops in. You quest it Micki made sure my face was down, by the way keeping your face down is a real pain, and made sure every drop was in my eye on time every time.

This is the funny part Micki had to drive me everywhere for two weeks, she only asked me two things. One I couldn’t tell her how to drive and two don’t give her directions. I did keep my part of the bargain, though I must say I had to bite my tongue at time

The caring Micki, I am sure, help make for a successful result. And when Micki had back surgery and should reconstruction I was there and loved every minute of caring for her.

The whole point is by caring for others you receive so much more that you ever give.

Happiness with health and wealth to you

http:// www.happinesswithwealth.com
http://www.lindemannletters.com
http://www.tinyurl.com/cqbdem
E-mail www.dhalind@gmail.com

David H. Lindemann is an author, speaker, consultant and coach, he is a community leader, educator and has worked with fortune 500 hundred companies as well as individuals. He also has been a CEO of a national manufacturing company and cares deeply about people

No comments: